The New York State Board of Elections works hard all year to ensure that elections run smoothly, but we can't do it alone. Each election, we count on poll workers throughout our communities to make sure every voter leaves the polling place satisfied, confident in the democratic process, and eager to return on the next Election Day.
Poll workers are annually trained in the accurate use of the voting systems, voting procedures and providing assistance and services to voters. This is essential to fair and accurate elections.
The poll worker training includes topics such as:
- Learning the Roles and Responsibilities of Election Team Members
- How To Prepare for Election Day
- How To Set Up and Conduct Elections in Your Polling Place
- How to Process and Assist Voters
- How to Provide High Quality Service